Wednesday 22 September 2021

Take a trip journey to travel- Bee Arty DT inspiration

 I love revisiting my favourite trips and memories, that why I enjoy photography and making art journals.

Using 'Destination Anywhere' designed by Queenie T I created my own handmade journal to keep some of my memories of my Swiss holiday and I'd like to share with you how I made it.

Products used from the Destination Anywhere kit: 

12"x12" pages .

Phrases and words from phrase page

Die Cuts: Transport

Stencils: Drippy-A6, .

Wooden, paper and material embellishments.

ColourBlast/BeeArty products: 

White heavy gesso

Colour Artist ink- Rust

Stencils: Pavement

Step1,2 & 3a

  • I selected a range of pages and ripped or cut them into different sizes and a edges. 

  • Folding them provided me with a booklet style journal. 

  • I cut out a plane using the Diecut template 'Transport', some words, tags and phrases.




Step 4 & 5:

  • To add texture I applied white gesso over different section of the pages with the 3 different stencils.


Step 6 & 7:

  • To add another effect I used the front of the stencil before the gesso dried and placed it onto a page and used a wet one to rub it over the stencil which left a shadow effect.  On another page I placed gesso over the spotted section and then smeared gesso over it with my soft sponge brush.


Step 8:

  • I also smeared some onto a plain page and when dry dropped small amounts of artist ink 'rust' and wiped it with the same soft sponge brush. 

  • A few other ink colours were dropped from a height to produce large splats.

Step 9:

  • After completing the base additions to the pages I built up the layers with the smaller sections of papers, phrases, natural material elements and photos. The journal was completed by staking the pages together and tying a piece of natural string around the folded sections twice and tying off.


 

Some closeups:







Thanks for joining me and I hope I inspired you to check out this amazing kit and the products at beearty.com.au . You can find more inspiration and links on BeeArty's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BeeArtyHive


No comments:

Post a Comment