Monday 8 September 2014

Fathers Day Card- Sept Off the Rails Scrapbooking

With Fathers Day upon us again, I thought I'd share the card that I made for my dad.


 My background was started with gloss card stock (as I couldn't find my matte card stock) and I folded in half and coated it with white gesso to give it a matte finish and ensure that my inks would adhere and dry properly. As I planned my next layers, I explored my stash of papers to find some masculine papers. We had just been overseas and I thought the compass and time piece papers were quite appropriate, I had just been making a clock layout so I still had my clock stamp from Kaszazz on the table; so I stamped one onto to the backing paper with black ink and one some antiqued coloured paper from Kaszazz with red ink. I began my layering by using my spiderweb stencil and Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'Vintage photo' and then used Distress Ink 'Stormy Sky' to give the centre of the clock some colour. Next I cut and tore piece of paper and placed them onto the card and added some brass cogs and wheels I'd purchased from Simon Says Stamps and black cotton. I backed a photo of my dad, inked some die cut  alphabet letters I had cut in white paper with my Kaszazz die cut and using the lid of my water spray bottle printed some circles around and using some watered down black acrylic paint and Dylusions 'London Blue' Ink spray I splattered some colour around. To finish off the card I added cork chevron arrows from Studio Calico.





I hoped all the dads have had a wonderful day.
Thanks for coming to check out another of my Off the Rails Scrapbooking projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment