The year is flying past...It's October already it's hard to believe. I have just had the opportunity to attend a fantastic retreat..full of friends and inspiration. Here are a few of the things I was inspired to create.
The first creation was using some of my ephemera from a stop over to my favourite antique shop in Casterton.
I used a combination of blue toned paint and white gesso for the background of this map page of ephemera from an old book that was falling apart. When dry I used a sewing machine to stitch in straight and zig zag stitches around the black border to define and add texture to the page. I used distress oxide ink to colour the heart, background and # chippie, building layers of a range of papers and natural hessian further adding depth and more texture.
The chipboard I used in this page included:
|IDW0094 #instagram etc.|
|Circles and diamonds IDS0091|
|Nats hearts 1 IDD0042|
My second creation I would love to share was created in my art journal and as I didn't want too much bulk in my book I decided to challenge myself in how many ways I could use one stencil.
The background was blue acrylic and gesso blended together with my fingers as the tool. I used 'Kate Stencil' for my challenge stencil and began with using a scrapper tool to smear white gesso over the stencil. When dry I sprayed Lindy's Danny Zuko Denim over it several times which softened and defined pattern all at the same time. The second technique was stamping over the stencil with a blending tool and Distress Oxide ink 'Denim'. While the ink was still dry on the stencil I turned it over and printed with it like a stamp. I dried each layer with at heat gun to ensure that it was dry before the next layer was added. The next technique I used was using an Faber Castell ink pencil and tracing the inside edges then I used a water paintbrush to gently add water to the edge of the marks to make them bleed and blend with the background. I painted the phrase in a white paint with only a slight touch of blue added. To finish off the page I stamped a single dandelion in a grassy spot being blown by the wind.
The Imaginarium products I used were:
|Kate Stencil IDMM005|
|Rest Relax Recharge IDP0194|
My last share was a quick tag I made when I realised I had only made 3 instead of 4 project pieces...oops. I was a great way to challenge myself in creating with no plan and going with what felt right in the moment.
I tore up a cardboard box to make the tag, ripping off some of the top layer to reveal the corrugations. After making a hole I tied some white twine through the hole then constructed layers using a variety of papers including an old dress pattern to add some extra dimension. The chippie was coated in Distress Oxide ink 'denim' and placed onto the tag with the layers to complete the look.
The chippie I used in this tag was:
|Morrocan border IDB0012|
|Just for you 4 in a board IDP230|