Thursday 8 July 2021

Travel and Explore- Bee Arty DT

 Hi everyone hope you are all doing well and getting time to create your own beautiful art. I'd like to share one of my latest pieces, I love to spend time at the beach and with the cold weather arriving here in South Aussie it's time to remember the beautiful memories of traveling on the sea feeling free and being warm!!! 

For this page I used papers from one of the latest kits 'Destination Anywhere' by Queenie Yeung.

I used from the 'Destination Anywhere' Kit.: 12x12 page 'Starts here'

Tags phrases/words from 'Parcel' and the back of the cover page.

World and postcard from 'Arrival'

Stencils - 'Pavement' and 'Boxed in' from the 'Untangled' range.

Heavy White Gesso

Colour Blast Mica Powder 'Olive Grove' 

Colour Blast Colour Paste 'Envy', 'Stormy Weather', 'Just blue' and 'Snow White'
 
Thin craft cork A4 mat 

Page of music.
 
String.
 
Archival Ink- Black
 
 
 
Step 1-I used some gel medium to glue down some music paper to the cork.
 

 Step 2- Using the pages  'Parcel', the back of the cover page and 'Arrival' I cut out tags phrases, words,  and postcard, edging them all with black Achival Ink. 

 
 
Step 3- I used a spatula to smear 3 colours of Colour Paste over the 'Boxed in' stencil; 'Envy', 'Just Blue' and 'Snow White' onto the music and cork. I let this layer dry thoughly, placing it infront of my gas heater quickened to process.
.

Step 4- Using the 'Stormy Weather' Colour Paste over the 'Placement' stencil in the same way added another dimension and colour to the page. It's important to let the paste dry thoughly before doing the next layers.


Step 5- I experimented with placement of words, tags and photo. A hole was punched into the tag hole section and a small piece of string was connected. 

Step 6- The cork page was glued onto the 12"x12" 'Starts here' page. Using the mica powder 'Olive Grove' and a brush loaded with water, I made a concentrated paint to add around different sections of the page. I also decided to find a few more elements to add to the pages to  help connect the two pages together.



Here are some closeups for you to show you the details:



Thanks for joining me and I hope I inspired you to check out this amazing kit and others at beearty.com.au . You can find more inspiration and links on BeeArty's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BeeArtyHive




 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment