Welcome to Week 4 of 'The Block' Super Challenge at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia.
I was inspired by the triangles and the calendar's interlocking squares. Hope you like my take on the Week 4 Kitchen.
Items used include:
- White 12"x12" card stockSelection of paper- large piece to cover 1/3 of the page and scrap pieces to tear up into triangles and layer behind photoOld book pageKaisercraft Stamp 'Perfume'CardboardBlack card stockImaginarium Design Chipboard: 'Moment' and 'Capture', 'Nat's heart shapes', 'Chevron arrows', 'Cogs'mixed alphas for the word 'the'Cork arrowsAcrylic paints: red, blue, blackMetallic Melts; Copper, BronzeVersa color inks: blackGlossy Accent glueWhite gessoBlack wire thread.
- I glued down the piece of paper to cover the first 1/3 of the page and glued a piece of old book page 1/2 way down the join.
- Then I tore triangles from the burnt orange paper and glued them onto the edge of the paper join.
- Using a spatula to spread gesso over the triangles to soften the edges.
- I coated the chipboard words, letter 'h' and the outer section of the chevron with black acrylic paint
- The solid chevron arrow sections and the letter 't' I painted blue and the hearts red.
- I used watered down paints to place splats over the page.
- When the chippie was dry I covered each piece with Glossy accents and left to dry overnight.
- The 'Cogs' were painted black and then I melted layers of Copper and Bronze Metallic melts over the cogs with a heatgun.
- I stamped an image from the 'perfume' stamp onto a piece of the paper I plan to use behind the photo.
- I made a stack of assorted papers and cardboard and glued the photo on top, using the black wire thread to frame the photo.
- Placed the cogs and chevron arrows into place, the cork arrows, alphas and words to finish off the page.