Monday 26 September 2016

Week 4 'The Block Super Challenge' at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia.

Welcome to Week 4 of 'The Block' Super Challenge at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia.

I was inspired by the triangles and the calendar's interlocking squares. Hope you like my take on the Week 4 Kitchen.

 

Items used include:

  •  White 12"x12" card stock
    Selection of paper- large piece to cover 1/3 of the page and scrap pieces to tear up into triangles and layer behind photo
    Old book page
    Kaisercraft Stamp 'Perfume' 
    Cardboard
    Black card stock
    Imaginarium Design Chipboard: 'Moment' and 'Capture', 'Nat's heart shapes', 'Chevron arrows', 'Cogs'
    mixed alphas for the word 'the'
    Cork arrows
    Acrylic paints: red, blue, black
    Metallic Melts; Copper, Bronze
    Versa color inks: black
    Glossy Accent glue
    White gesso
    Black wire thread.
     


    1. I glued down the piece of paper to cover the first 1/3 of the page and glued a piece of old book page 1/2 way down the join.
    2. Then I tore triangles from the burnt orange paper and glued them onto the edge of the paper join.
    3. Using a spatula to spread gesso over the triangles to soften the edges.
    4. I coated the chipboard words, letter 'h' and the outer section of the chevron with black acrylic paint
    5. The solid chevron arrow sections and the letter 't' I painted blue and the hearts red. 
    6. I used watered down paints to place splats over the page.
    7. When the chippie was dry I covered each piece with Glossy accents and left to dry overnight.
    8. The 'Cogs' were painted black and then I melted layers of Copper and Bronze Metallic melts over the cogs with a heatgun. 
    9. I stamped an image from the 'perfume' stamp onto a piece of the paper I plan to use behind the photo.
    10. I made a stack of assorted papers and cardboard and glued the photo on top, using the black wire thread to frame the photo.
    11.  Placed the cogs and chevron arrows into place, the cork arrows, alphas and words to finish off the page.



     



Thanks for dropping by to see my latest inspirational piece for the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment