Sunday 18 September 2016

Week 2 "The Block Super Challenge"- Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia.

Welcome to Week 2 of 'The Block' Super Challenge at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia.

I was inspired by patterns and colours on the bathroom tiles pictured on the mood board and thought that the photos from my European Holiday 2yrs ago of buildings was perfect to reflects where buildings of old meet with the modern era. Hope you like my take on the Week 2 Bathroom.




The wet medium used was matte gel medium and acrylic paint and I chose to draw zentangles.

Items used includes:

  •  White water colour paper 12"x 12"

  • Stencil girl 'building'stencil

  • Matte Gel medium 

  • Hand drawn zentangle tiles/squares on white card

  • 'Totally' Imaginarium Design chipboard

  • Yellow, green, white and orange acrylic

  • Clear thick plastic.

  • Kaisercraft 'graffiti' stamp

  • StazOn

  • Fine black Sharpie.

  • Black cotton.

 

  1. Placing the stencil over the white paper I smeared the gel medium over sections of the stencil and sat the page aside to dry. 

  2. I mixed some of the acrylic paints together until I was able to make two colours that I could see in the buildings in the photo.

  3. I placed the watered down paint onto some plastic sheet, I used the plastic that cling stamps or my chipboard comes in. I flipped the plastic over onto the page where I wanted the coloured sections pressing firmly around on the plastic to spread the paint.

  4. I splattered some of the left over paint around on the page.

  5. While the paint dried I drew my zentangle tiles which was more therapeutic than I thought it would be I must admit.

  6. When the paint was dry I drew around the buildings and windows with a fine black Sharpie.

  7. Using the StazOn ink I stamped the graffiti stamp onto the page.

  8. I covered the 'totally' chippie with black ink and used some ink to splat onto the background.

  9. I cut some matching scrap paper and a white piece which I'd written 'simply gorgeous' on, edged them both and layered it under my black matted photo.

  10. Placing cotton down first then the layers which I'd placed a piece of cardboard under to lift the pile up I then positioned my zentangles where I wanted them.








Thanks for dropping by and checking out my inspiration for week 2 of our challenge

 

1 comment: