Sunday 15 November 2015

November Inspiration- Off The Rails Scrapbooking

When I was a child growing up in the Mid North of Sth Australia, my parents took my brother, sister and myself out to the great beyond most weekends. One of our favourite places was the local forest where we always visited the 'Cork Tree', we were fascinated that cork actually grew on trees. This layout was inspired by those wonderful family memories and the beauty in nature.


 



Items I used included:
  • Gesso- Ranger from Kaszazz
  • Kraft paper- Kraft bouquet
  • Crackle paint- DecoArt white
  • Imaginarium- Kate Doily
  • Garden Grunge collection stamp -DinaWakley
  •  Stamperdous Frans- Vintage Contract
  • Lindy Stamp Gang- Magicals- Autumn leaves (cat tail cooper brown.
  • Lindy Stamp Gang- Starburst Colour spots (Seamint green, Glory of the seas gold)
  • Kaszazz 'Art' Stamp
  • Twine
  • Cheese cloth white- stained with Dylusions Ink- chopped pesto
  • Dylusions Ink - Lemon zest, London Blue, Cut grass
  • StazOn Ink
  • Natural elements- leaves and gum nuts. 
  • Water bottle to spray paper, paint and ink.
  • Watercolour paints

Firstly I covered the patterned Kraft paper with white gesso then remove sections with a 'wet one' nappy wipe. When dry I sprayed the paper with water and using a feather brush dipped into the starburst colours, gold first then the green. Even if I hadn't been in the bush with no electricity for heat guns I still would of allowed this layer to dry naturally as I did as it allows the paint to dry were I wanted it and not be moved by the hot air. I then repeated this process with the 'magicals' copper brown.

I painted the Imaginarium positive and negative pieces with white crackle paint and let it dry to crack. Then I pulled at my cheese cloth until it looked distressed and sprayed it with 'Chopped Pesto. 'As it was drying I stamped my grung flower stamp and script onto my dried page, cut out my words and edged them with StazOn and then went for a walk to collect some natural elements. to add to my design. 

I layered and moved my pieces until I was happy with their placement and to pull all my elements together I used twine in circles.



Thanks for visiting and I hope I inspired you to join in the fun of scrapbooking your memories as I do. Jump over to Off the Rails Scrapbooking and check out the other amazing layouts and projects by the incredible artists on the design team.

No comments:

Post a Comment