Before 2003 I would of told you there would be no way I would ever listen bagpipes and enjoy it, but it's amazing what you do for your children. My youngest started her Highland Dance journey in March of 2003. Now at the age of 21 and after a lot of hard work, challenges, injuries and commitment she has amazing dance memories to share. In her dance school she has had and continues to have and become herself fantastic mentors. I found a piece of paper with the perfect saying that were just what I needed to create this "Dance" theme layout. The photo is my daughter approx 10yrs ago taken by my scrapping buddy Fiona and the sayings are just a few things we have said in the last 13yrs. She has worked so hard but if you 'Believe' and put in the hard yards, you to can 'Celebrate' where your 'Journey' can take you. For Bec it has been dancing in 2 Australian 'Edinburgh Military Tattoos' and 'Basel Tattoo' in Switzerland and making amazing friends along the way.
|Off The Rails Scrapbooking May Mood Board|
|A huge thanks to Memory Maze this months sponsor.|
- 12" x 12" white canvas
- Lindy Stamp gang 'Magicals' - Tibetan Poppy Teal, Autumn Maple Crimson (teal was used on background and chippie words)
- Lindy Stamp gang 'Color Shots'- Cocklebells Coral. (used Coral and Crimson and water on to white card together and when dry, cut out /punch out circles using a large circle punch then distress edge)
- Small spray bottle filled with water- spray canvas/paper before adding your paint which you have already mixed together in a palette with water. Tip- practice on a spare piece of paper before adding it to the canvas if you are unsure.
- Kaisercraft 6 1/2" X 6 1/2" paper collection pad- 'Hello Today'
- Diane Wakley -White gesso
- Donna Downey stencil - 'Count downey'
- Tim Holtz Dylusion ink spray- Black marble, Tangerine dream (splats of colour)
- White drawing ink (splats of colour)
- Black card for backing sayings and photo
- Cardboard box to cut up and use for giving height to the words.
- Memory Maze Chipboard words - 'Together Word Sheet'
- Dimensional Magic- to add to the words for dimension and shine.
- Extra fine Sharpie pen for drawing 'Dance' and edging around the circle pieces.
Here are some closeups for you to check out.
Hope my layout has inspired you to give our challenge a try. See you soon with another new layout I've completed. Pop over to Memory Maze to see their huge range of chipboard and scrapbooking supplies.