Wednesday 30 April 2014

Me and my Pop.

My Pop and I had a wonderful relationship and even thou I was only 10yrs old when he passed away, the memories of him are as strong as ever.

After discovering some new challenge blogs on the net I decided to try a few. I have used  Sketch #266 from Creative Scrappers and Challenge #9 from 1,2,3 Get Scrappy to inspire and challenge myself in producing this layout. So I packed my scrapping bag again and off I went camping again with my scrapping buddy, with plans to create another great camping trip layout.

Chalks, something silver, glossy accents/epoxy.



 First I used watered down gesso over sections of my patterned paper, then using my favourite mini diamonds stencilled over the page with thicker gesso. When dry I used chalks from Kaszzaz to add different colours over the diamonds, adding layers of colour until desired colours were achieved.


The frame was cut out from the packaging of my scrapping buddy's chipboard frames, thanks Fiona, I then  painted it with gesso and then used the chalks to add colour. To finish off the frame I used a natural twine around the edge.


To add to the background and layers under the photo I used strips of a variety of washi tapes, rub ons and selection of scrap papers which I distressed the edges of, used chalks and distress inks to blend colours and shading together.   


I used paper sticker/cut outs and covered them with Dimensional Magic (Plaid Royal Coat) to make my glossy accent/epoxy embellishments and when they had dried I cracked them to give them the appearance of a time past.


Natural twine was used as a vine behind the small silver butterflies, small roses and large flowers with the silver flower centres and pearl drops which followed the sketch idea of a flowing line down the centre of the layout.

Hope you to enjoyed my take on these 2 challenges ( Creative Scrappers  and 1,2,3 Get Scrappy) as much as I enjoyed working with the ideas and products.


3 comments:

  1. Great textures and details on this layout! Thanks for showing how you made the background! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at 123Get Scrappy! Hope to see you back again for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on both of those challenges!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 123 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 1-2-3 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete