Tuesday 22 April 2014

White with Mint April Challenge


ww1 mint

Off to camping I go with my scrapbooking supplies, actually organised this time, planning what photos, layouts and challenges I wanted to do and packing what I needed (well mostly, what I did forget either my scrapping buddy had or I created.) Nothing better than being out in nature surrounded by scrapbooking  and great friends. 

I've been waiting for the right layout to use this photo in and even thou my daughter isn't a fan of butterflies I loved the idea of using them to represent their free thinking and spirit they both share.

Anyone for tea. Bec and Kaity had just brought a tea set and whilst waiting for us mums who were taking their time in the supermarket decided to have a tea party in the back of the car.



The background comprises of stencilling with gesso, one layer from a butterfly love heart serviette cutout and added to the page using gesso under and over the serviette. Prima flowers that were painted with mix of mint acyrlic paint and butterflies that were stamped with StazOn and then painted with the same mint paint watered down. I painted some card letters I had cut out through my BigShot machine and Kaszazz lettering stencil with mint watercolour and edged with a journal pen.

I attached  a crystal  onto a bronze embellishment  and then onto a small mint doily. Other additions to create texture were small pieces of cheese cloth around the photo and doily and a handmade flower; made with small squares of cheese cloth glued onto a cardboard circle and then finished off with a white pearlised rose button. To finish the layout I splattered mint and black watered down paint and placed white pearls around.







Thanks for checking out my White with 1 challenge blog entry for April.


5 comments:

  1. This is lovely! And I am very impressed you can be organised to take supplies so you scrap when camping! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahh such wonderful memories. Both girls would be horrified now to know that you've scrapped this photo lol. What an amazing technique using a serviette is. My scrapping will never be the same again now that you've taught me this little trick xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fun, sweet memory to record. I love all the background work .. you've created a beautifully soft layout. Love that you did it whilst camping!! I hope you'll join us at WW1 again next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sandi!! Just love your layout and all the textures you have created. Love the pic too. Love the memory you captured here relating the elements to the photo. Beautiful take on the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, camping and scrapping. Love your layout and all its textures. Thank you for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete