Friday 30 May 2014

Off the Rails Scrapbooking Use Fabric Design Team Inspiration Layout



Hi thanks for dropping by to check out my DT inspiration layout, just recently my beautiful god daughter had a daughter of her own and I couldn't resist doing a layout to celebrate her birth.

To begin with I placed a layer of gesso with my fingers over dragonfly paper and when dry used a burlap stencil to add the pale pink pattern over the gesso. Using StazOn I stamped script over the top in several places and then attached some cheesecloth which I had sprayed with "Cherry Pie" and " White Linen" dylusions ink to produce a varied soft pink effect. To finish the background I sprayed the paper with "White Linen" dylusions ink and then using watercolour crayons I splattered it with water down yellow, pink and black.











Fabric elements I added after completing the background were flowers that I had made at one of my camping trips, pink chiffon material under the butterfly strip and a butterfly that was printed on some fabric that I had brought from Spotlight last weekend with this layout in mind. I used a mix of white and crimson watercolour to change the small white flowers to pink.






I use Kaisercraft  Collections 'Telegraph Road' and flowers, Reminisce cardstock stickers butterflies and strips, to layer with my variety of paper scraps. Finishing off the layout with pink striped cotton twine, pink embroidery cotton and a silver butterfly on the details of her birth.



Of course my cat Sebastian has to make his normal appearance, critique and pose for a photo.

Thanks for visiting and checking out my and Off the Rails Scrapbooking blogs and hope you will join us with our challenges and have as much fun as I do, creating my inspirational layouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment