Monday 26 May 2014

Simple things in life~ Scrap Our Stash May Challenge.

 Recently my daughter took my grand children down to the Valley Lakes to feed the ducks. I loved the photos that were sent to me, Imi was mesmerised by the wonder of the ducks, and had a great time offering and then throwing them some bread. It really is the simple things in life that give you the best memories in life.

Scrap Our Stash May Challenge

I discovered this wonderful challenge site and thought I'd take on the sketch challenge of 3 photos as I have only been concentrating on single photos on my layouts. This is my take on Scrap Our Stash May Challenge.


My background was on 12"x12" white bazzille cardstock and using my 'Lyra aquacolour' crayons and water in a spray bottle all which I purchased from 'Kaszazz' added sections of green and blue. As I couldn't find a straw and I wanted to make my blue spray outwards, I had to experiment with blowing it myself, and I must say that was an interesting technique to try. I then painted the edges of a range of circular resources on the table such as cups and lids from ink/water spraying bottles and printed circles of different sizes on the background spraying water on over each to soften the edges. The next layer was using my new honeycomb stencil (Crafter Workshop) with Tim Holtz 'Weather Wood' distress ink and then added splatters of green and blue over the page. 


I backed the photos with some green patterned paper from my stash which I'd cut to size, distressed the edges and edged with Tim Holtz ' Smoky Sky' and black gesso, and then layered some elements from one of my favourite 'Kaisercraft' Collection Packs 'Curiousity' edged with 'Weather wood'.including the 'simple things' saying   Imi loves butterflies so instead of using a chevron pattern I used butterflies flying in a line finishing off with a little girl and creating a little fairy.

 Using black gesso I painted my title 'Remember THIS Moment' (Kaisercraft wooden flourish) and while I waited for it to dry I painted the little camera from 'Studio Calico' orange with my crayons and decided that what my layout was missing was stamping so I made a cover for my photos and stamped around my layout with a newsprint stamp from a friends amazing stamp collection. I used white cotton I'd inked with 'Weathered Wood' distress ink in and around the photos and Black cotton to make circles. To finish off my page I used watered down black gesso; edged the photo frames and splattered it around to tie the title and layout together. 


Thanks for checking out my latest layout, I had fun creating it. Drop over to Scrap Our Stash Challenge to see some of the other inspiration, and maybe you'll get hooked and join in with the scrapbooking bug.

8 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! Love the colors and the texture! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! love the background work! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the colors, the butterflies, and your design too! Thanks for playing along with SOS!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely positively gorgeous! It's perfect!! Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page! Awesome job on the background! Love everything about your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty layout! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable Sandi! Love this girly page with it's butterflies and pretty colours! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is so beautiful. Fantastic work on the background. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete