Wednesday 25 February 2015

The Dynamic Duo- 1-2-3 challenge February layout

My Scrapbooking buddy Fiona and I enjoy getting together when ever we can, sharing a glass of wine with assorted cheeses, scrapping and camping to name a few, so I thought the 1-2-3 Challenge this month was the perfect opportunity to scrap a canvas of us together, The Dynamic Duo.





Items I used included:
Canvas from Cheap as Chips
Dylusions Ink: London Blue, Postbox Red, Lemon Zest, Black Marble
Kaisercraft chipboard letters
Old Dymo labeller- black tape
Cork Chevron Arrows- Calico Studio
Washi tape assorted
Stencil- Donna Downey 'Poppy Collage'
6"x6" Kaisercraft paper pad.
Mont Marte Modelling paste and White Gesso
gcd Studios- Mix'd media paper stax2
DIY Shop cork hearts
Black cotton
Ultra fine black Sharpie marker.
Glitter Ice Stickles from Kaszazz
 

Firstly I sprayed the top of my canvas with water before spraying each colour individually, to make each run down the canvas the way I wanted I sprayed extra water if needed. When dry I turned the canvas and using  a spatula I smeared modelling paste over my newest stencil.
The next layers added were the strips of washi tape which I softened with white gesso and the mounted selfie photo of Fiona and I took on one of our cheese and wine nights onto paper from the 6"x 6" papers and a piece of torn dictionary paper from the Mix'd media staz2 collection (I used 'London Blue' to colour the edges).
The cork heart and chevron arrows were painted  with Dylusions ink 'Postbox Red'/ 'Black Marble'. As the with the word 'Duo' after covering it with white gesso first to ensure the brightness and same effect as the background. When the heart was dry I covered it with Glitter Ice Stickles.
 To finish off the canvas I traced around the heart and word with the Sharpie marker adding squiggles etc.


Thanks for coming over to check out my canvas, this was my first ever canvas and I thoroughly enjoyed making it and look forward to doing my next one.


5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! Love how the layers of colors blend with each other...! Thanks for playing along with us at 123 Challenge Blog. Hugs, Merry

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING this gorgeous layout - great design! Thanks for playing along with the 123 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this layout...that background is FABulous! Thanks for joining us over @ 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout, love everything about it. Thanks for joining in at 123 Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooohoooo well done champ!!! Congratulations on your top 3!!!

    ReplyDelete