Sunday 15 March 2015

Off The Rails Scrapbooking March DT Inspirational Layout

Hi everyone, This month is my turn to share some more inspiration using the wonderful mood palette and sketch from the Off The Rails Scrapbooking. The challenges can also be challenging for both the design team and the people entering the challenges.  These colours are not ones that I use very often or choose and so I found this one a little difficult to begin but the sketch and palette was a great inspiration and I really enjoyed the experimenting process and using my new resources. I am very happy with what I designed and hope you love it to0.


March 2015 Inspiration and Mood palette  and Sketch.





List of the resources that I used:

12"x12" white card stock coated with Mont Marte 'Impasto' medium
 Mont Marte White Gesso and Modelling paste
Kaisercraft 'Hello Today' 6"x 6" paper pad
'Creativ' small paper doily
Stencils: Donna Downey 'Scribble Script' and The Crafters Workshop 6"x 6" 'mini chicken wire'
2Crafty 'Chicken wire panel' chipboard.
2Crafty line words 'Good Times'
Franchville 'Yellow' Enamel stickers 
Tim Holtz Distress Inks 'Linen Antique', 'Vintage Photo'
Dylusions Stain 'white linen', 'black marble', 'Lemon Zest'
Acylic paint- 'Titanium white' ' Raw Umber'
Washi Tape assorted- Kaszazz
Studio Calico- Wood Veneer 'cameras and people'
Assorted flowers
Old lace from my Nan's collection
Black cotton


After sealing the white paper with 'Impasto' I used distress ink 'Vintage Photo' with the ' mini chicken wire' stencil in selected places on the page. Choosing a selection of papers from the 'Hello Today' Kaisercraft papers and tore them into strips and squares, I stuck them on along with some washi tapes before using a spatula to glide some white gesso over the sections.. I glued them onto the paper and then cut up the 2 Crafty chipboard Chicken wire panel into smaller pieces.  


I used my new Donna Downey Stencil 'Scribble Script' to add  modeling paste with Raw Umber mixed into it onto the page.
I added a piece of scrap cardboard at the back of the photo (My dad and Me when I was very young) to lift the photo and give more dimension, adding a small piece of lace I found in my Nan's (my dads mum, the photo was taken in her garden) onto the bottom edge.


I used both 'vintage photo' and 'linen antique' distress ink to age the very white paper doily.
To finish off the page I added lace and paper flowers, wood veneer people and camera, the word 'Remember' from 2 Crafty and enamel dots. Finally I splatted the page with 'Lemon Zest', 'White Linen' and 'Black Marble' Dylusions Ink.

I enjoyed doing this paper and using some of my new resources that only arrived the day I was planning to do this layout, no wonder I was having trouble getting started I didn't have all of my resources in my craft room. Thanks for popping by Off The Rails Scrapping Blog and coming to see my latest layout, I hope you find the challenge as inspirational as I found it.


No comments:

Post a Comment