The items used in the layout include:
- White 12" x 12" paper stock
- Monte Marte Impasto medium
- Monte Marte Modelling Paste
- A mix of Semco acrylic paints to produce a raspberry coloured paint.
- Stencil by 9"x 12" 'Stencil Girl'
- BeckBT's 'Red Velvet' Metallic Melts: 'Tinby Designs'' (I received this amazing product for winning 2nd White with Celosia Orange)
- 'Old Rose' Versa Color ink pad
- White acrylic paint.
- Journaling pen.
- 2Crafty 'Hexagon' chipboard.
- 2Crafty 'Bubble Reed' chipboard
- Bird Chippies from my stash
- Heart flair from 'Funky Flairs'.
- White cotton
- White cheese cloth.
- Black card to back my photo
- Small piece of card to lift the photo to give some depth to the layout.
I firstly sealed my page with Impasto medium, it helps keep the paper white in photography. I chose the words I wanted from the stencil and carefully placed paste over each one. It is a good idea to wait for each one to dry before doing the next. It's possible to do as I found but can be very tricky to keep the stencil off the previous one and not smudge it.
While I waited for the paste to dry I mixed the paint to match the swatch on the White with 1 banner. The photos haven't shown the true colour which is very frustrating as I mixed alot of combos until I was happy with it. I used 'Old Rose' Versa Color to ink the the bird chippies and the 'bubble reed' chipboard and while it was wet I sprinkled on the Red velvet Metallic Melts (I found this combo made a beautiful raspberry colour) and melted them with a heat gun I painted the 2Crafty hexagon chipboard with white acrylic and laid all of the pieces to one side. Watering down my 'Raspberry' paint I added the paint gradually to my page and held the paper up right in different directions to make it run. When it was dry I used a damp wet one and gently wiped across the paint which gave it a weather look and with the journal pen I traced the letters to make the words stand out
Time to assemble the rest. I added the raspberry chipboard/chippies then the cut up white hexagon chipboard, the cotton went on next with the distressed edged cheese cloth on top. Backing the photo with black cardboard tied the black and white photo and the writing together and to finish it off I added one of my new 'Funky Flairs' heart flairs.
Thanks for popping over to visit my latest White with 1 entry. Hope you enjoyed my take on the colour 'Raspberry'.