Thursday 17 March 2016

Precious treasure - Off The Rails Design Team March Challenge.





Hi, great to have you drop by to check out my latest layout. The photo I have chosen for this layout is taken when I was only a little girl and flower girl for my auntie's wedding. It captures a quiet relaxing time with my Nana during a break in the excitement. I scanned this photo from a slide in my parents slide collection box which I see as a 'Precious Treasure' filled with memories.


"Relaxing Day"


A big Thankyou to our March Sponsors:


Imaginarium DesignsMemory Maze




The equipment and supplies I used included:
  • 12" x 12" white card stock. 
  • Mont Marte Modeling paste- white
  • Multi Medium Matte 'Ranger' (gel medium)
  • 'Dina Wakley' White Gesso
  • Selection of mixed small beads in pale blue and greens
  •  Prima resin frame- small square white frame.
  • 'Precious Treasure' and 1 of '2 Dragonflies in a board' Imaginarium Designs Chip board.
  • Kaisercraft and assorted flowers and silver wing embellishment.
  • 'Finnabair' Mica Powder- 'Deep Water' and water to make splats to finish page.
  • 'Tim Holtz' Distress ink - Shabby Shutters and Stormy Skies.
  • 'Ranger' Glossy Accents- glue
  • 'Tinby' Metallic melts - 'First light', 'Sherwood Green', 'Glistening snow' 
  • Spatula, palette and paint brush.



  • Firstly I used my spatula to smear modeling paste thickly in one line from top to bottom. While wet sprinkle some of the assorted beads along the areas that won't be covered by the frame. 
  • Work on each piece of chipboard until finished and then start next piece of chippie.While it dries paint gesso onto the dragonfly and words.  This seals the chipboard so the colour holds better and keeps the distress ink wet long enough to be able to quickly sprinkle some 'Sherwood Green' Metallic melts on. Melt the powder with your heat gun. Add some 'Stormy Sky' and add some ' First Light' Metallic melts on. If you remove the heat quickly and sprinkle some powder on quickly the powder will stick to the hot melted powder. Layer the colours until you are happy with the effect. 
  •  Adding some more beads to some gel medium and using a spatula place them in any gaps that you may have in your other beads on the page. The gel medium will dry clear. 
  • I mixed some Mica powder with water and lightly brushed over sections of the frame and used the left overs to splat over page. 
  • Glue frame, flowers, words and embellishments on with glossy accents glue.


Here is some close ups:







Hope you enjoyed my mini tutorial on how I made my layout, why not pop over to Off The Rails Scrapbooking to enter our challenge, it's so much fun to explore and experiment with new ideas and challenges, we have amazing design team who love to share their ideas, tips and techniques.





















No comments:

Post a Comment