Hi everyone welcome to any new visitors to my blog and welcome back my followers.
Today I'm sharing my design team layout for a wonderful word challenge over on Scapbooking Top 50 Australia. The word was 'SWEET' and when I found a photo of my beautiful grandchildren that was taken a couple of years ago the word that came straight to mind was "How Sweet" the way Imi was being so gentle and loving to her new little brother Zander, so I had to scrap this photo for this challenge.
Enjoy seeing how I made this page.
Thanks to our amazing sponsor:
Supplies I used include:
- 12"x 12" 7 Dots Studio 'Domestic Goddess' page.
- 'Wow' chipboard- Messy Square Frames- WOW2173
- 'Mont Marte' modeling paste
- 'Dina Wakley' white gesso
- 'Finnabair' Mica powder - Pink
- 'Versa magic'- dew drop Red Brick
- Pink Sherbet 'Tinby' Metallic Melts
- 'Kaisercraft' 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" Paper pad- 'Enchanted Garden'
- Brass bird and flower embellishments
- 'StazOn black
- 'Kaisercraft' and assorted flowers
- Sweet - 'Typo' letters wood
- Gauze from a kit in my paper stash.
- 'The Crafters Workshop'- 'Be in Love" stencil
- Spatula and paint brush.
- Mix 'Pink' mica powder into some modeling paste and using a spatula smear it over the love heart section of the stencil. In two sections on opposite positions on the paper. One larger than the other. Leave to dry.
- Paint the frame with gesso and when dry use Red Brick ink pad to colour the frame and quickly sprinkle 'Pink Sherbet' Metallic Melts on before it has a chance to dry. Use a heat gun to melt powder, you can add extra layers of this amazing product by sprinkling it on while the melted powder is still hot and then continue to use the heat gun until you are happy with the effect/coverage.
- Glue photo to the frame.
- Create a stack of paper for behind the photo and frame using the die cuts and papers from the paper pad and glue under the photo and then glue to page.
- I painted some of my white flowers with a mix of water and Mica 'Pink'
- Add flowers and embellishments around the frame.
- Add a small group of flowers to small stencil area and place letters 'Sweet' onto the gauze and page and glue down.
- Use left over watered down Mica 'Pink' to splat over the page, ensure you cover your photo with a scrap of paper to protect it.
Some Close Ups for you to see:
Thanks for dropping by to see my latest design team inspirational layout, why don't you join us over at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia and join in the fun and enter our word challenge 'SWEET'