Anyway putting the reminiscing on the back burner for a minute, I hope I inspire you to have a bit of fun with this wonderful mood board and give our challenge a try.
|Off The Rails Scrapbooking January Mood Board.|
|Thanks to our January Sponsor|
Items I used included:
- Kaisercraft 6 1/2" paper pad 'Curiosity'
- Kaisercraft 12"x12"- Bow and Arrow Collection
- Bella Krafty goodness Paper 'Chatterbox' for words.
- 12"x12" Mint texture and patterned scalloped edged paper from my stash
- Glitz 12"x12" paper pad
- Stamping up - Ornamental keepsake stamp
- White Gesso.
- Assorted washi tape from stash
- Studio Calico- Cork arrow and chevron set
- AC thickers- chipboard letter stickers.
- StazOn Black Ink
- Prima black wire thread
- Kaisercraft stamp - Arty
- Indigo blu stamp set 'Ink Splat'
- 'Stormy Sky' Tim Holtz Distress Ink.
- Piece of natural Hessian
- Pieces of cardboard and magic mount tape to lift photos.
- Funky Flair- camera
This is how I constructed my page:
- Glue the Scalloped edged Patterned paper to the Mint textured 12"x12" paper.
- Cut a strip from the 'Bow and Arrows' paper and glue across the top 3rd of page.
- Using a spatula add White Gesso to the edges and different sections of the paper, using a WetOne to remove or thin out areas if you need to.
- Add strips of washi tape
- Tear pieces of paper from the 6 1/2" paper pad and Glitz 12"x 12" paper pad.
- Distress a square piece of hessian that is a bit bigger than the photo you are going to use.
- Cut the title of the word paper and edge it with Staz On. Then place 3 pieces of Magic Mount on the back in preparation to add height to page and so title doesn't get lost in the layers.
- Cut out photos One large than the other 2 leaving a small white border.
- Edge each with StazOn Black ink.
- Glue a small piece of cardboard box to back of large and one of the small photos.
- Experiment with the placement of each paper and hessian. Take a photo with your camera so you can remember where they were if necessary.
- Stamp on some white card 3x Stampin' Up 'Ornamental' stamp. Narelle at Stampin' Up have some amazing stamps and product you can check out on the link above, check it out.
- Paint with the watercolour colour you want to bring out of your photo. For me it was the red of the swing frame.
- Cut out the stamped pattern leaving a small border.
- Using the Ink splats stamp and Staz On ink add splats top and bottom of washi tape
- When you have an idea where you are going to place your photos stamp the Arty stamp with StazOn under the photo so it shows on the outside of the photo to soften the edges.
- Glue layers on where you want them, use photo on the camera if necessary.
- After hessian is added, paint some white gesso on it to soften and blend the material more with the background.
- Make circular frame with black wire thread on top of the hessian and add the large photo on top.
- Add other photos
- Add cork chevrons, some were coloured with distress 'Stormy Sky'
- Add thickers to make the word you want for the main title 'Family' was my choice.
- Add small title and camera flair.
- Finish off with splats of watercolour; black, orange, red and white.
Thanks for popping over and checking out my blog and latest inspiration piece for Off The Rails Scrapbooking. Hope you join in with our January Challenge and look forward to seeing your take on our take of our mood board.