My beautiful grand daughter has the most wonderful personality, full of fun and attitude. I loved this photo and just had to create this special page for her.
July Sketch Challenge.
Items I used for this layout include:
- 12" x 12" paper
- Watercolour paints
- Chipboard including Imaginarium Designs '4 in board shapes'
- White gesso, Ranger gel medium and water mixed in a recycled glossy accents bottle.
- DecoArt media 'crackle paint white'
- Urban Artist 'Bloomingvale' stencil
- Tinby Design Metallic melts 'Royal Purple'
- Versa Magic 'Perfect Plumeria'
- Little Birdie flowers
- Kaisercraft flowers
- Mill Hill Antique glass beads
- Pale purple and Black card for backing the photo
- Firstly I used lots of water and purple watercolour and placed it onto the plastic wrapping of the Imaginarium chipboard packaging before placing it onto the paper. Using my fingers I spread the paint around until I was happy with the distribution and then lifted the plastic up. I repeated this until I covered the desired area.
- I used a spatula to smear crackle paint over the stencil in couple of places and left to dry to get the desired crackled effect.
- Using the mixed gesso, gel medium and water mixture I made swirls across the page.
- The Chipboard was covered with Vera magic Perfect Plumeria before sprinkling them with metallic melts and melting them with a heat gun.
- The photo was backed with black and purple card (edges distressed with scissors)
- When the swirls were dry I adhered the photo onto the page and then placed the flowers and chipboard on.
- Finally to finish the page I mixed beads into some gel medium and using a spatula spread some strategically around the flowers and chipboard.
Thanks for dropping by, I hope I have inspired you to join us at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia and have some fun taking on the sketch challenge.