Friday 15 July 2016

'Attitude'- July Sketch Challenge Scrapbooking Top 50


My beautiful grand daughter has the most wonderful personality, full of fun and attitude. I loved this photo and just had to create this special page for her.

Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
 July Sketch Challenge.



Items I used for this layout include:
  • 12" x 12" paper
  • Watercolour paints
  • Chipboard including Imaginarium Designs '4 in board shapes'
  • White gesso, Ranger gel medium and water mixed in a recycled glossy accents bottle.
  • DecoArt media 'crackle paint white'
  • Urban Artist 'Bloomingvale' stencil
  • Tinby Design Metallic melts  'Royal Purple'
  • Versa Magic 'Perfect Plumeria'
  • Little Birdie flowers
  • Kaisercraft flowers
  • Mill Hill Antique glass beads
  • Pale purple and Black card for backing the photo


  1. Firstly I used lots of water and purple watercolour and placed it onto the plastic wrapping of the Imaginarium chipboard packaging before placing it onto the paper. Using my fingers I spread the paint around until I was happy with the distribution and then lifted the plastic up. I repeated this until I covered the desired area.
  2. I used a spatula to smear crackle paint over the stencil in couple of places and left to dry to get the desired crackled effect.
  3. Using the mixed gesso, gel medium and water mixture I made swirls across the page.
  4. The Chipboard was covered with Vera magic Perfect Plumeria before sprinkling them with metallic melts and melting them with a heat gun.
  5. The photo was backed with black and purple card (edges distressed with scissors)
  6. When the swirls were dry I adhered the photo onto the page and then placed the flowers and chipboard on.
  7. Finally to finish the page I mixed beads into some gel medium and using a spatula spread some strategically around the flowers and chipboard.
 Close-ups




 Thanks for dropping by, I hope I have inspired you to join us at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia and have some fun taking on the sketch challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment