Saturday 23 July 2016

Card Tutorial - July Off The Rails Scrapbooking inspiration.

Hi everyone, This is my last Tutorial and Inspiration share with the amazing Off The Rails Design Team, I would like to take the opportunity to say a big thankyou to Amanda for giving me my first ever design team position and to her and all of the team members over the last 2 1/2yrs for inspiring and supporting my creativity and providing me with the confidence to grow as an artist. I will keep in touch and I know I will continue to be inspired by these fantastic artists in the future.


July Pastels Mood Board


 



July sponsor























































Items used include:
  • 2 pieces of card stock
  • Choice of colours from the Dylusion ink collection including 'White Linen'.
  • Chipboard- Butterfly and love heart
  • Tinby Metallic melts 'Gold nugget' 'Sherwood Green' 'Red Velvet'
  • Versa Color ink 'Olive' 'Bisque'
  • Versa Magic ink 'Red Brick'
  • Black Staz On ink
  • Kaisercraft stamp 'Perfume'
  • ‘Public Library Designer Brads’ 
  • Tissue paper stamped with script stamp using StazOn
  • Stampin Up letter stamper
  • Kaisercraft 6" x 6" paper collection papers
  • Black gesso, gel medium and water mixture in a recycled empty glossy accents bottle
  • Black cotton
  • White cotton
  • Black Sharpie fine pen
  • Black drawing ink 
1. Fold you card stock in half, place small amount ink of each colour  in each section of your palette adding a small amount of white ink to each to make a pastel colour



2. On the first card, you want to cover the whole front of the card.
3. Add ink to a piece of plastic, I used the plastic from the chipboard wrapping. Remember water is your friend when doing this technique so be liberal with it. Turn the plastic over onto the paper and spread the ink with your fingers by using gently pressure.




4. I placed a scrap piece of paper over the back section of the card to protect it from getting ink onto it. Continue using each colour until you are happy with the coverage.



5. The second card I placed a scrap of paper over the back and a blank piece of card over half of the front of card as a mask to protect it from ink coverage. I repeated the inking process as with the first card.






6. Using the brush loaded with water and ink splat a selection of the colours over the cards.



7. Now for the butterfly, using the Versa color/magic ink pads I layered each colour with a matching Metallic Melts powder. I did each individually until happy with effect. The wonderful thing about Metallic Melts they can be remelted so when the whole butterfly was covered I reheated the melts and whilst hot sprinkled a different colour over the top and then finished melting them with a quick hit with the heat gun again.






8. With the heart for the second card I only used one colour of Versa magic and Metallic melts.

9. Using StazOn black ink I placed stamping along the edges of the cards and a sketchy border with a black Sharpie fine pen.

10. Only half covered card I dribbled the black gesso in the bottle along the inks edge and let dry.

11. I added torn stamped Tissue paper onto the fully covered card and added a stack of Kaisercraft 6"x 6" paper collection with a brad onto front of the cards. Black splats of black drawing ink finished off the background before I added some black and white cottons and the butterfly/heart.

12. The last piece to be placed on was a 'Happy Birthday' title I made using the StampinUp word/letter stamp tool.

Here are some close ups for you to see the detail:





Hope these cards inspired you to try some mixed media on your next project. My family and friends always look forward to getting one of my new card creations for their birthdays etc I'm sure yours will be excited to get on from you too. Drop over to Off The Rails to find more inspirational ideas and come join us in our challenge. Looking forward to seeing what you create.

No comments:

Post a Comment