Hi everyone, it's great to be back this year with more inspirational ideas on how you can use Imaginarium Design chipboard to enhance your own creations.
This year I thought I'd start an inspiration journal and would like to share my journey with you all.
I glued the Imaginarium chipboard hearts, vine flourish and frame onto my white gesso painted double page also giving them a coating of gesso too. I then glued book pages onto the a section of the frame, gently massaging the glue covered paper over the chipboard before adding the background colours to both the paper and chipboard. The 'Gates' were painted with Finnabair's rust paste; 3 pastes layered over the chipboard until I was happy with the effect. To complete the page I added cheese cloth, flowers and embellishments.
The items I used in constructing this project included:
- An old book; I glued groups of 8 pages together then ripping out 8 (repeating til the end of book) before giving the finished pages a rough coat of white gesso.
- Finnabair's rust paste set of 3 colour pastes.
- Lindy's Stamp Gang 'Magicals'- Mad Hatter collection (mix of flats and shimmers inks)
- Brass keys, butterfly and clock face
- Script stamp Kaisercraft
- Kaisercraft collection 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" ''
- Using torn up pages from the book as background sections
- white cheese cloth
- Prima flowers and leaves
- Glass bottle
- Black sharp for border.
- Dylusions stamp set 'Quintessential Quotes'
- Imaginarium Designs Chipboard:
|IDDL0015 Lous heart shapes|
|IDFR0031 Oval Swirly Edge frame|
|IDS0075 Madison Gates|
|IDT0027 vine flourish|
My second piece to share is a card that I made for my beautiful daughter whose celebrating her birthday this month. I used a mix of story time ephemera and ID chipboard cogs to represent her 25yrs; growing up from a young child to a beautiful women who inspires to be a mechanic in the future.
After spraying the background with the 'circles circles' stencil, I glued down torn sections from an old story time magazine and painted it with gesso to soften it. The chipboard 'Believe' was coated with white gesso with the 'Happy' and '25' being splatted with 3 different Lindy's Stamp Gang ink sprays, I then coated them with a thin layer of glossy accents and sprinkled with Metallic Melts 'Glistening snow' before using a heat gun to melt the Melts. The cogs were covered with 'Pinecone' Versa Color ink and embossed with 'Bronze' Metallic Melts and then glued onto the 'Pinecone' inked 'Piechart' chipboard.
Items I used putting this card together included:
- Old children's magazines.
- White gesso
- Card stock
- Kaisercraft 'Letter' stamp
- White string coloured with LSG ink.
- Lindy's Stamp Gang ink sprays; Mango mania, Rizzo's rowdy red, Merci Beaucorp Mint
- Stencilgirl 'circles, circles' stencil
- White string
- Black fine Sharpie pen
- Metallic melts from Tinby 'Bronze', ' Glistening Snow'
- 'Versa Color' Ink pads 'Silver',' Pinecone'
- Imaginarium Designs chipboard:
|9 clogs on board IDS0018 13x11cm|
|9 Cogs on board small 6x5cm IDT0004|
|IDN0001 Numbers 38 per page|
|IDD0036 Nat's Piecharts 5 in a board|
|IDW0073 You make me happy smile laugh in a board|
My third share is a layout of my Nan and I at my Aunties wedding..a very long time ago..lol.
Using an eyedropper I added Lindy's Stamp Gang ink along the edge and let it drip/moved it around with a well water loaded brush. The butterfly chipboard was simply covered with Silver Versa Color Ink, The birdcage was inked with silver also with embossed with Silver Metallic Melts. The chipboard doily and flourishes were covered with white 'Crackle paint'. Flowers and embellishments were added around the white resin frame with a black inked 'hello' chipboard word extended to go across the page by adding black wire thread.
The items I used on this layout include:
- Prima Vintage Emporium collection 12" x 12".
- Kaisercraft, Prima and assorted flowers
- White and black gesso
- Silver embellishments
- Prima resin frame
- Lindy's Stamp Gang ink- magnolia magenta gold
- White 'Crackle' medium
- Versa Color ink pads 'Silver', 'Green Tea', 'Patina'
- Metallic melts- 'Silver' '
- White cotton
- Black wire thread
- Imaginarium Designs Chipboard:
|IDDD0008 Denises Trellis with flourish 1 tiny 2 per board|
|IDS0009 Bird cage 2 in board.|
|IDT0014 4 small butterflies|
|IDT0035 Katie doily 2 in board|
|IDDD0010 Denise art deco, 2 in board|
Thanks for dropping by to check out my latest Imaginarium designs inspiration, I would love to see your creations you make, maybe in some of the wonderful scrapbooking challenges that are in the diverse scrapbooking wide world web in which we are connected in.